The role of a forensic auditor may be to identify suspicious transactions which may be fraudulent. Excel can be a useful tool to review a smaller dataset.
This Excel Zoom article shows users how to perform 5 simple forensic tests, including:
- Identify Duplicate Transactions
- Identify Rounded Transactions
- Find above average payments
- Identify a gap in transactions
- Compare highest to 2nd highest transaction
To see the article, go to: https://excelzoom.com/five-ways-performing-forensic-audit-using-ms-excel/